The Hockenheimring has arrived to Automobilista 2 as part of the V220.127.116.11 update.
The DLC, which is free to all current owners of AMS2, contains both modern and classic versions of the German track. The update is also the first major update since the game broke into its version 1 release.
A host of the German GP 37 times, the Hockenheimring is one of the tracks with the richest heritage in the world of motorsports. Historically known for its bygone classic layout with long straights through the surrounding forests, the track was reformed for the 2002 German GP, becoming much shorter modern circuit but retaining a high speed, flowing nature perfectly suited for wheel-to-wheel racing with all types of cars.
This pack features 4 distinct versions of this legendary track from 4 different decades – 1977, 1988, 2001 and 2020, along with extra modern layouts (National, Short A & B).
This the first DLC to be released for Automobilista 2, and it is FREE to all current AMS2 owners and for those who purchase AMS2 over the weekend (July 24-25-26 2020) – by July 27th the Hockenheimring Pack will be sold as an independent DLC to AMS2, and also as part of the 2020-2021 Season Pass.
For those who have already purchased the Season Pass, be assured its value will be preserved with the addition of a 6th DLC pack to the five originally included in that package
Along with the Hockenheimring, we are also deploying the first major update post V1 release – similar updates around this time of the month will be a regular fixture for the foreseeable future.
The exception will be in August when we are releasing not one but two major updates (including a LOT of new content) at the beginning and end of the month.
The next update (scheduled for August 7th) will feature substantial developments to championship mode and introduce Portuguese, Spanish & french localization.
We remind all users that AMS2 is a long term project that will continue to evolve and expand in a monthly basis for years to come – all fronts of the game will still have major improvements, with a lot of it to make it in before the end of the year. If you want to learn more about what´s incoming make sure to check out our July Development Update next week, where we will expand on these plans including some great content announcements!
- Added Hockenheimring 2020 (GP, National & 2 Short layouts)
- Added Hockenheimring Historic versions (1977, 1988, 2001)
UI & HUD
- Fixed incorrect logo alignment on initial splash in some resolutions
- Added Session duration information to In-Race Info Layer
- Add ‘Skip Cooldown Lap’ option after the race is finished
- Tweaked text colour and background opacity on timing/delta messages
- Increased name area on relative positions HUD unit
- Fixed championship standings screen only displaying the first driver
- Added markers for DLC content
- Fixed Single Official Championship autoloading.
- Fixed lower case button labels on pause menu return to pits button.
- Corrected inconsistent size in Kart thumbnails
- Fixed Caterham Academy gearbox information
- Fixed error in Superkart name
- Slightly improved lighting in the showroom
- Corrected Stock Cruze 2020 Thumbnails
- Fixed position 6 selecting position 5 vehicle on monitor leaderboard
- Fixed looping issue when trying to invite players to lobby via steam overlay
- Added more fonts assets
- Updated splash screen content logos
- Added hud colors + HUD class logos for Montana and G55
- Implemented optimal brake temp ranges (this adds an optimal brake temperature plateau to the brake response curve, making them slightly less peaky)
- Revised load damping for all tyres & sidewall & tread stiffness tweaks to F-Retro, F-Reiza, F-V10, F-Ultimate, Caterhams
- Adjusted F-Classic, F-Trainer, F-Retro & F3 tyre treads
- Adjusted carcass stiffness for karts & superkarts
- Reduced carcass heating for Truck tyres
- Added new Differential hump mode values (this affects how the viscous locking torque varies by fluid temperature inside the diff, reducing locking torque as slip starts to increase the temperature, then virtually seizes with high locking torque as thermal expansion dominates at higher temperatures)
- Removed air restrictor setup option
- Reduced front ride height range & default setting, rear brake torque for G55 Supercup
- Revised rear wing efficiency & distribution for G55, Stock V8 2020 (both models
- Further adjusted F-Retro aero yaw & rake sensitivity
- Reduced wheel contact factor (hopefully contributes to excessive collision issues)
- Slightly increased FFB max force range
- Fixed Push-to-Pass button being available for Stock Car series in Time Trial mode
- Fixed wrong default preload following range correction in v18.104.22.168
- Added anti-stall clutch to all karts
- Kart brake heating updates
- Adjusted Copa Truck tyre temp optimal window
- Reduced engine inertia for superkart
- Adjusted head physics (slightly better bump damping in cockpit view)
- Minor adjustment to MRX & Sigma P1 FFB max force
- Corrected default wing setting for F-V10, F-V12 (one click more in both ends for both cars)
- Reduced baseline anti-roll bar stiffness for F-Reiza
- Opalas: Reduced brake heating, moved default brake bias slightly forwards
- F-Classic: Small tweak to FFB max force
- Increased DRS effects for all cars that feature the device
- Added new AI start logic (AI cars now are more creative off the line in looking for spaces and getting out of single file over first lap)
- Added opponent names & personalities for F-Ultimate, F-V10, F-V12 drivers
- Adjusted AI blue flag behaviour to reduce erratic movements when lapped in races
- Minor AI performance calibration pass for P1, P2 models
- Slightly reduced AI Grip for Bathurst
- Revised Classic cars AI performance & throttle application (fixing some inconsistencies added with late pre-release changes)
- Calibrated AI performance for Copa Fusca, Copa Uno, Copa Classic, Karts, Caterhams, G55 Supercup series
- Increased AI effects for DRS
- Reduced default tire skid & surface volume to 50%
- Brasilia: Fixed vehicles popup behind the tents at turn 1
- Cascais Slightly improved performance in replays
- Guapore: Reduced garage depth (stops AI crashing on pit exit)
- Fixed bug in sorting cars of the same class in a quick race grid (now the grid is always randomised within same grid grouping value)
- Fixed Gol & Passat grid grouping in Copa Classic FL & Hot Cars
- Added Gol wiper animations and cockpit vibrations (all variants)
- Сhevette: Wiper pivot point correction
- Added Copa Truck wiper animations and cockpit vibrations (mirrors/window net)
- Added Puma GTB, GTE,P052, Chevette wiper & cockpit animations
- Added cockpit animations, wipers & windscreen cleaning animation to ARC Camaro and Passat (all variants)
- Added suspension animations and cockpit vibrations to F-Classic G3M2
- Updated Vitor Genz KTF livery
- Added New Ginetta G58 livery
- Corrected F309 undercar shadow
- Corrected cockpit POV for F-Classic G3M2
- Temporarily disabled some suspension animations fro F-reiza, F-V10, F-v12 and F-Ultimate
- F.Reiza: Fixed numbering on liveries
- Updated Formula V10 Gen2 liveries: (2 New Teams – AsiaTech Factory Racing #24 #25 / Dominilab Racing #26 #27) + Updated/Revised #05 #06 #09 #10 #11 #12 #18 #19