The final 12 drivers for Lamborghini’s The Real Race have been confirmed ahead of next month’s final which will bring to an end the legendary car manufacturer’s first foray into virtual racing.
Lamborghini is pleased to reveal the final 12 sim racing drivers who have earned their place at The Real Race Grand Final next month on Thursday, September 24th using Assetto Corsa Competizione by Kunos Simulazioni.
Amongst the drivers are some of the most skilled and competitive sim racers the scene has to offer, including G2 Sim Racing’s Arthur Kammerer, The World’s Fastest Gamer finalist Kamil Pawlowski and veteran racer Matthias Egger.
Lamborghini Enters Esports Arena: Sim Racing Championship
After five intense and exciting qualifying weekends, the following sim racing drivers will go head-to-head at the Grand Finals:
- Nils Naujoks – (qualifier from round 1 – Monza)
- Arnaud Lacombe – (qualifier from round 1 – Monza)
- Matthias Egger – (qualifier from round 1 – Monza)
- Fulvio Barozzini – (qualifier from round 2 – SPA)
- Samir Ibraimi – (qualifier from round 2 – SPA)
- Kamil Pawlowski – (qualifier from round 3 – Nürburgring)
- Arthur Kammerer – (qualifier from round 3 – Nürburgring)
- Jesus Sicilia Sanchez – (qualifier from round 4 – Suzuka)
- Giovanni De Salvo – (qualifier from round 4 – Suzuka)
- Jordan Sherratt – (qualifier from round 5 – Laguna Seca)
- Gianfranco Giglioli – (qualifier from round 5 – Laguna Seca)
- Marko Pejic – (qualifier from round 5 – Laguna Seca)
The Real Race qualifiers concluded this past weekend at Laguna Seca and provided non-stop action. Jordan Sherratt put on a dominant performance. After securing pole position in qualifying he went onto secure the race win with an impressive 1:21.441 lap time.
The fight for second was intense between Gianfranco Giglioli and Marko Pejic, however, it was Giglioli who came out on top with a 1:21.780 lap time which was -14.620 quicker than Pejic. Both drivers will eagerly anticipate the rematch as they head to the Grand Finals alongside Sherratt.
The Real Race marks Lamborghini’s entrance into the esports world with a unique competition where the real and virtual worlds collide. The top three drivers from the Grand Finals will receive a once in a lifetime real-world Lamborghini racing and lifestyle experience in Italy, the heart of the Lamborghini.
The three-day all-expenses-paid experience will include a VIP tour of the Lamborghini HQ and an R&D simulator visit used to virtually test the latest and future Lamborghini models.
They will also meet and train alongside official Lamborghini drivers and receive the opportunity to drive a Lamborghini on a world-renowned raceway. The winner will also receive an exclusive prize of a limited edition diecast with in-game livery.