The new Automobilista 2 update dropped earlier this week and adds plenty of free new cars, several developments to championship mode, a completely revised track limit penalty system, many AI adjustments along with the usual batch of improvements & fixes in other game fronts.
The track limit penalty system & regulations have now been completely revised to adhere more closely to real racing regulations and for better consistency. A more detailed explanation on the rules for track limits as of v22.214.171.124 will follow shortly.
This update also brings the home of British Motorsports to AMS2 – the Silverstone Pack features several historical iterations of the track through the decades along with its current layout – unique fast flowing challenges perfectly suited to the cars that raced on them!
This pack features 4 distinct versions of this legendary track from 4 different decades – 1975, 1991, 2001 and 2020; additional layouts for the main track in each era will be gradually added in future updates.
- Added F-V10 Gen1 class
- Added Lotus 49C, Brabham BT26A to F-Vintage Gen2 series
- Released Silverstone Pack featuring 2020, 2001, 1991 & 1975 versions (DLC package)e
- Championship mode: Added Frontend standings table; Added race length scaling option; Added progress reset option; Fixed bug ensuring player vehicle respects championship configuration.
- Added new track limit penalty system- no more slowdown penalties (except to give back positions), driver has a customizable number of track limit violations before being awarded a drive-thru penalty
- Added penalty tolerance logic for when the cut occurs over grass/gravel or occurs after a contact with another vehicle
- Decreased the distance in which a track limit violation invalidates the next lap
- Track limit rules made standard for all racing sessions (whether single or multiplayer) for better consistency
UI & HUD
- Added Brazilian-PT localization (Beta)
- Fixed some situations where Championship was incorrectly identified as a Career championship
- Added UI Pit Strategy screens (access via Setup screen)
- Added Vehicle List switch option to Vehicle Selection page.
- Fixed Time Trial info unit still showing old style in Minimal mode
- Multiplayer chatbox now logs all messages over the session
- Removed the fade delay from “Give back Position” HUD message so it disappears instantly when position is returned
- Reduced tyre speed effects on adhesive friction for all slick tires
- Increased longitudinal slip (and reduced understeer as a result) for f-Retro, F-Vintage, Opala 1986 tyres
- Adjusted F-Vintage Gen2 tyre width, diameter & gear ratios to match new official cars
- Reduced engine inertia on all MRX engines
- Adjusted front splitter pitch sensitivity for prototypes, GTs
- Minor aerodynamical revisions for AJR, Stock 2020
- F-Ultimate: Adjusted ERS charging & deployment properties (higher throttle threshold, more charging from full brakes) to minimise chances of battery running out over 1st laps
- Adjusted car body friction & restitution (slightly less jerky when coming into contact with other cars)
- Fixed Copa Classic CTD from missing wet compound tyre
- Fixed Camaro SS 6th gear ratio
- Removed all “artificial” AI functions affecting their behavior in racing situations (minimises unpredictable reactions)
- First-lap decision making on 1st lap introduced in v126.96.36.199 now applies to all race laps
- Fixed AI tendency to put wheels on the grass on straights for no apparent reason during lap 1
- Added initial version AI defensive driving logic (very subtle on this release to minimise potential issues)
- Further AI refinements to reduce likelihood of accidents on lap 1, including logic for AI to be more careful when rejoining the track after going off
- Adjusted DRS activation speeds for AI for Sigma P1 & AJR cars equipped with the device
- Minor AI Grip tuning for Cascais, Hockenheim
- Improved pitlane merge to main path at Hockenheim GP / National
- Super V8: Muted PitLimiter sound for now until further code adjustments
- Hockenheim 2020: Slightly relaxed high frequency road surface noise for a less bouncy ride
- Added F-Classic suspension animations & adjusted driver animations (all models)
- Fixed F-Trainer driver hands position in 3rd person view
- Stock Car Cruze 2020: Fixed chassis visual glitch
- Camaro SS: Corrected mirror position
- ARC Camaro – Fixed visual glitch on liveries 3,4,98,99
- Puma P052: Corrected display RPM and Speed readings
- Chevette: Windscreen reflection reduced
- Stock Car Cruze, Corlla 2020: Added dynamic dirt & damage