Mike from SimRacing604 drives a variety of cars and tracks on Automobilista 2 after its biggest update so far. This is what Reiza said in the update notes:
The new update adds several Classic cars, brings the popular Mini Challenge JCW as it is in the top class of the UK Mini series, two Kart circuits, along the usual package of new features, fixes & improvements.
- Added 1960s Touring Car Series (featuring Lotus 23 & Mini Cooper S 1965)
- Added BMW M1 Procar Series
- Added German Group A Series (featuring BMW M3 E30 & Mercedes 190 Evolution
- Added Mini JCW UK Series
- Added Buskerud Kart Track (2 layouts)
- Added Speedland Kart track (4 layouts)
- Added Hockenheim 1988 Short layout (part of Hockenheimring DLC)*
- Added borderless window mode option (Performance Options Screen)
- Altered behaviour of helmet/cockpit cameras to prevent locking to world horizon and improve smoothing/damping of camera view
- Fixed issue where event date was not correctly set if host changed track via multiplayer lobby
- Added ‘Start New Championship’ flow; Added Select championship type, select vehicle/livery, Pre-allocate opponents Added championship specific AI Skill / Aggression settings to championship overview (can be adjusted mid season as desired
- Fixed clamping of range when validating Multiplayer AI difficulty setting on client.
- Added support to look backwards when pressing loo left / look right simultaneously
- Fixed “dummy” objects unintentionally appearing in reflections at higher settings.
- Player now retains control of steering/shifting during pitstops when ‘Manual pitstops’ setting is enabled.
- Fixed issue where sometimes player control was not restored after an AI controlled pitstop.
UI & HUD
- Added Help text to advanced setup screen
- Fixed missing center suspension setting heading localisations
- Added help text for all setings (subject to further review/localisation adjustments)
- Changed ‘WORLD MOVEMENT’ to ‘HEAD MOVEMENT’ to reflect new functionality
- Adjusted showroom climate brightness
- Added French & Spanish localization options
- ‘Waiting for host’ message now also displayed after race sessions in multiplayer when appropriate.
- Changed ‘EXIT’ button to ‘RETURN TO MAIN MENU’ on post session leaderboard
- Added confirmation step when attempting to exit while waiting for host to return to lobby at the end of multiplayer events.
- Fixed incorrect activation states on Broadcast Control overlay toggles.
- Fixed menu mouse activations and highlight state throughout on Broadcast Control
- Added Start New Championship screen for championship and vehicle/livery selection (additional championships to follow)
- Replaced “Reset Championship” button with “Start New Championship”
- Entering championship mode now opens new championship page if no valid save is present.
DEDICATED SERVER TOOL
- Limit AI Difficulty slider to 70-120%
- Max Grid Size and Max Human Opponents now allowed to be equal in http UI
- Replaced AllowableTimePenalty with AllowedCutsBeforePenalty and limit to correct range (1-50)
PHYSICS & AI
- Replaced open Salisbury-based open differential physics with more effective alternative;
- Further reduced differential lock per clutch setting
- Fixed CTD with Caterham Academy / Supersport
- Fixed F-V12, MP4-12, kart shifter & other unreleased cars missing latest minimal AI strentgh adjustment (being too slow below 100% setting as a result)
- M1 Procar: Revised tyre construction; Revised Suspension Geometry; Lowered engine inertia; Increased brake torque; Revised tyre constructio
- Adjusted AI lateral movement in initial launch off the line
- Reduced differential locking increment per clutch setting (all cars)
- Slightly adjusted kart tyre treads & FFB max force
- Slightly reduced F-V10 Gen2 AI tyre rolling resistance to better match player´s
- Onboard cameras now all use onboard sounds
- All cars revised for any persisting inacurate engine sound position (forward-rear, left-right)
- Added helictoper & drone sound effect (track dependent, where animation is present as sound effects are tagged to the respective objects)
- Puma P052: engine sound offset to side fixed, corrected small click in low-ish rpm loop.
- Kart 125 2T: increased internal engine volume slightly, external decreased slightly
- Camaro SS: increased external sound volume (both trackside and external on car views); fixed bad on-power low RPM samples overlap and general transition from idling to on-power.
- Ultima GTR Race: Adjusted filtering on external audio (trackside).
- Super V8: Adjusted SUB-frequencies over RPM range
- Puma P052 small adjustment to interior sound.
- Reworked treeline and grass blade shader, added few new types of grass blades & reworked existing ones.
- Reworked fog/haze shader with different exponent steps depending on angle you look at, so you can see the sunlit air when facing the sun
- Adjusted fog levels in heavy cloud/overcast setting for european tracks
- Added custom track animated objects (still WIP) to Spielberg, Kyalami and Buskerud
- Small art passes to Spielberg, Bathurst, Kansai
- Ortona: Fixed pit speed warning on track over 60kph; Added correct trigger for pit exit on layout 4;
- optimized track cut mesh
- Fixed VIR South hole after pit exit
- Silverstone 2020: Extensive performance pass
- Outon Park: Marbles test : less boxes (78->24), bigger boxes, 0.5-1.5 range, no brake zones
- Snetterton: Fixed some AI pit lane issues (hitting pitwall, driving onto grass at pitlane to main path merge)
- Adjusted textures; fixed some object LOD popping; Adjusted 100 layout pitlane/pitexit/trackcut to prevent a DQ in some cases
- Curitiba: Minor optimization & art pass; improved pit lane path merge to main path; remapped garage/pitbox locations; calibrated dynamic brake marker spacing
- Spielberg Historic:Restored road patch bumps; minor optimization pass; calibrated brake marker spacing
- Londrina: Fixed black treelines
- Imola 2001: Added period-accurate ad boards
- Silverstone 2020 Intl: Improved AI line.
- Added VR Spectator cams to Interlagos, Silvestone 2001, Bathurst, Hockenheimring, Imola
- Fixed objects popping in Spielberg, Silverstone 1975, Silverstone 2020
- Brasilia: Fixed several object LOD popping; Various object & texture adjustments
- Brands Hatch: Upgraded road seam & roadline shaders; Improved brake marker texture and spacing; Minor optimization pass
- Interlagos: Fixed object LOD popping; Upgraded road seam & roadline shaders;
- Imola: Fixed hole at Acque Minerali; closed some open edges between double sawtooth curbs; fixed some grass glitches; calibrated brake marker spacing; upgraded sign placement to latest references;
- Upgrade distance marker shader to rz_basic, rework sign placement based on recent reference video; moved start trigger 5m to align with pitwall starting gantry; added garage door collisions; relaxed road noise slightly; minor optimization pass
- Ortona; Minor Art pass; Added new AI paths for paddock area; Fixed broken UV4 groove mapping. Upgraded road seam & roadline shaders; ;New HUD track maps. Optimized track cut mesh;
- Added starting lights; Fixed wrong way/DQ bug from new paddock pit lane; Updated fast lines for layout 1 and 3; Minor optimization pass
- Guapore: Fixed various object LOD issues; Minor Optimization & art pass; Fixed some open edges; added animated drones
- Adjusted road noise for Guapore and Ibarra
- SuperKart: Updated liveries
- Added Stock Car 2020 dangling damaged parts
- Added Sprintrace dirt and damage effects + dangling parts
- Added Super_V8 dirt and damage effects + dangling parts
- Fixed Caterham Academy Driver & car animations