Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.6.0 has the sim racing world buzzing with new cars and the addition of Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari – Imola – with KenRacing sampling the AI and establishing if they have improved or not.
The release notes say of the gameplay tweaks and AI improvements:
- New and improved AI algorithms for racecraft and attack.
- New skill-dependent AI driving error algorithm.
- AI: removed throttle lift by low-skill opponents when global AI strength is set to 90 or higher.
- Adjusted AI lines on several tracks.
- Increased sensitivity for blue flag trigger if a GT3 is behind a lower-class car.
- Brands Hatch marshal fix.
- Misano marshal fix.
- Nürburgring marshal fix.
- Lumirank: added yellow colour for Silver class cars.
- Marshal yellow sectors are now created based on centre position and not the starting point.
- More accurate sector yellow flag alerts.
- More sensitive yellow flag trigger for cars with stalled engines or facing the wrong direction, even at speed.