We at Reiza have been working flat out through this Holiday season to celebrate it with a bang in Automobilista 2, the most famous race track in the world.
Plus some amazing historical sports cars, new features and many improvements mark v184.108.40.206 as the biggest Automobilista 2 update yet!
IMPORTANT: Given the amount of substantive changes in this update, strongly recommending all users to start a fresh profile by deleting their Documents/Automobilista 2 folder to avoid issues (this will be requested with far less regularity from this update onwards).
The Livery System Override is now fully implemented with this update – to get your hands on the templates for all cars currently in the game and learn more about how you can go about replacing the original car liveries with your own please check this topic (will be updated with new templates as we add them).
Please note that we have another batch of single player championships & a complementary art update for Spa incoming tomorrow after it goes through some internal testing in the morning.
- Added GT1 Series (featuring Mercedes CLK LM, Porsche 911 GT1, Mclaren F1 GTR LT)
- Added Mclaren F1 LM to Street Cars series
- Added Spa Francorchamps 2020 *Part of Spa-Francorchamps DLC Pack
- Added Ibarra Reverse layout
- Introduced track specific weather probability system for more realistic random weather
- Random weather condition is now preserved if session is reset
- Disabled “Real Weather” option (until system implementation is complete)
- Added option to customize FFB gain per car
- Adjusted netcode parameters for more reliable close racing and more accurate timing predictions
- Adjusted default cockpit camera settings
- Increased cockpit seat position storing from 20 to 100 vehicles.
- Added live edit messages for vertical and longitudinal cockpit seat position
- Added F-Ultimate & F-Reiza championship seasons
- Added new main menu panel arts & backgrounds
- Updated track loading screens & increased resolution to 4k
- Added loading bar gradient & fixed position on ultrawide resolutions
- Fixed monitor controls and back button positions on ultrawide resolutions
- Update Control Assignments screens to include per vehicle FFB gain increase / decrease
- VSync is now always enabled in Main Menu
- Added tag (AI)/* to AI players in multiplayer
- Added additional states to DRS HUD informing detection zone & availability
- Vehicle default sorting reverted to alphabetical order
- Corrected various vehicle naming inconsistencies
- Fixed Velopark incorrect track grades
- Revised tyre physics for street cars, F-Vintage (both gens), F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10 (both gens), F-Reiza, F-Ultimate, Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Lancer Cup, Puma P052, M1 Procar, Group A, Opala 1986
- Revised rain tyres for GT3, GT4, P1, P2, P3, P4, F-Retro, Procar, Group A, Opala 1986 Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Lancer cup, Puma P052
- Revised Ultima GTR, F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-Ultimate & F-Reiza aerodynamics
- Adjusted logic for pre-race tire & brake pre-warming & tire pressure conditions (slightly under peak conditions for more realism & avoid unnatural tire inflation)
- Reduced default number of clutches for several cars & further reduced rate of differential locking per clutch
- Further revised F-Retros, F-Ultimate & Ginetta G58 suspension rates
- Further adjusted exhaust parameters for all cars (results in more accurate visual & audible backfiring / spluttering)
- Reduced max height to account before front wing / splitter stall in several cars
- GT3 Series: Added 15kg to Mclaren 720S, subtracted 10kg from Mercedes AMG GT3, added 10 HP to Porsche GT3-R for improved BoP
- Further revisions of FFB max force to iron out potential peak force inconsistencies
- Small adjustments to center of gravity height in Opalas, F-Retros, F-Ultimate
- Reduced Ginetta G55 engine inertia
- Futher reduced differential preload baseline settings
- Disabled viscous differential in street cars
- Adjusted default roll bars, ride height & differential settings for F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10 Gen1 & 2
- Adjusted default Differential settings for F-Retro, Stock Car 2020
- Adjusted F-Ultimate ERS to not kick in until 75% of throttle is applied
- Added preliminary new logic to improve AI overtaking lapped cars
- Added new tolerance parameter for AI to not concede position to player until a given amount of the car length is alongside (prevents issue with AI cars appearing to be “scared” out of the way when approached from behind by player)
- Slightly raised AI CoG height multiplier & adjusted AI damper rates to avoid cars bouncing at hard compression
- AI callibration pass for all cars that received tyre physics and / or aero updates
- Reduced range of lateral movement away from ideal line & rate of movement when taking urgent action
- Created new AI paths for Nurburgring Nordschleife & 24h layouts (improved & more consistent performance)
- Updated Sprint Race sounds
- Adjusted tranny volume for GT3 cars to more balanced levels & more torque dependent; adjusted volume balancing; optimized number of samples used to minimise potential performance issues
- Removed wave length in artificial road noise (slightly reduces car / camera vertical movement oscillations)
- Temporarily removed animated Helicopters & planes until remaining functionality issues are addressed
- Revised road mesh & reduced noise (high frequency bumps) for Curitiba, Kansai & Taruma
- Updated Bathurst trackside camera
- Velopark: Minor performance & art pass; updated AI with improved performanceUpdated Nurburgring 24h layout trackside cameras to reduce shimmering / trembling & added VR cams
- Added BMW M6 GT3 dirt / damage effects + dangling damaged parts + new colliders + detached diffuser
- Gol Copa Classic: Fixed LOD errors at longer distance
- Mini Cooper UK: Fixed LODding issues with windows
- Lancer Cup (R/RS): Added Dirt/Damage + detached bumpers (LODA/B/C) + dirt texture for wings (RS) + modeled inner panels (LODA/B/C) + new collision + dangling damaged partsdriver animations + Detached Gear Shifter
- Fixed Mini cooper 1965 damage on lower LODs + Detached gear shifter (cpit) + detached bumpers on LOD C
- Lotus 23: Fixed LOD D missing, added damage models on lod B/C, detached dangling parts on LodC, closed panel gaps on LOD A and Cockpit, removed unecessary damage models for tyres
- MCR S2000: Added dirt/scratch textures
- Added missing tail light for Sprint Race, Stock Car Cruze 2019 & Ultima GTR
About Automobilista 2
Automobilista 2 is the culmination of a project developed over the course of nearly a decade. At its core, it is a comprehensive simulation of the brazilian motorsports scene, featuring all major brazilian racing series, race tracks and manufacturers.
Packing an even larger roster of diverse cars and tracks than its predecessor, Automobilista 2 ventures further into the best of international motorsports, including prestigious brands along with iconic venues such as Brands Hatch, Mount Panorama and Imola, at the same time continuing to explore the more exotic and exciting forms of motorsports from around the world.
Boosted by a new technical partnership with the developers of the award-winning Project CARS series, Automobilista 2 is built on the MADNESS engine, providing incredible graphical quality, the most advanced dynamic weather and track condition systems in a racing simulator and superior VR support, to deliver a substantial realism upgrade over its precedecessor and a fully immersive visual experience.
To check out more from Automobilista 2 or purchase visit: AUTOMOBILISTA 2 | MOTORSPORTS SIMULATOR | HOME (game-automobilista2.com)
Looking for great leagues to join? visit our League Partners: League Partners Archives – SimRace247