Sports & GT, South Africa’s premier Sports & GT Championship are hosting the Monza 6-Hour Endurance Race tomorrow, 16th May 2021 on iRacing with a host of international teams set to do battle.
Free practice on Saturday is from 14:00 to 17:00 CET (SA time). Details:
- Server: Monza 6 hour
- Password: Monza
The real-life racing series has transitioned into the virtual world, with Sports & GT organising the SA Masters series on a weekly basis, featuring many of South Africa’s top racing drivers including local ace Johan Fourie among other big names.
With no Kyalami (famed for endurance races held at the venue) on iRacing, next best is the 6-Hours of Monza which will be open to South African drivers of all levels as well as international teams and drivers.
The race will be broadcast live by ace commentators Gary Fleming and Frankie Heunis.
To confirm your entry please email organiser Mike Verrier:
- 6-Hours of Monza for LMP2 and GTE cars
- Race Date: Sunday, 16 May 2021
- Practice Day Saturday 15 May 20:00 to 22:00 CET
- Practice: 13h00 CET
- Qualifying: 13h45 (15 minutes solo)
- Race: 14h00 CET
- Track: Monza GP without first Chicane
- Solo entry or teams of 2 or 3 drivers.
- No DQ.
- Drive through every 12X. Rolling start.
- Open setups.
- Server: Monza 6 hour.
- Password: TBC
- LMP2 or GTE choice.
- R1000 for winner of each Class
- Black flags for bad driving.
- No driver stint limits.
- Quali driver does not have to start the race.
- The track will be cool and grippy.
- Marbles not left on track.
- Race will start at sunrise in-game time.
Further information such as testing/practice will be released to signed up teams/drivers closer to the time.
Check out Sports & GT on Facebook here>>>