The IRG Advance Formula 2021 race at Baku is fast approaching. rFactor 2 takes center stage for the event. 06/06/21.
The sixth round of the IRG Advance Formula 2021 sim racing season will be held on the ultra-fast street track in Azerbaijan’s capital – Baku City Circuit. Long straight and tight turns with unevenness typical of street tracks. The second-longest track of the season (6003 m) will certainly not forgive any mistakes. Drivers must remain vigilant from start to finish.
Recalling the statistics, Baku is one of the fastest street circuits, where on more than 2 km of the starting straight, drivers in their cars develop speeds in excess of 360 km / h driving with the throttle pressed to the floor for over 20 seconds. Apart from long straight lines, the track also has technical winding sections located around the picturesque historic 12th century castle, with a wall surrounding it like a fortress. The varied characteristics of the street facility encourage teams to make tough compromises with race setup and the choice between straights and grip on this tight track.
A handful of tourist curiosities:
1. The name “Baku” comes from the Persian word “Badkube” which means “wind blow” – all year round there are gusts of wind in the capital of Azerbaijan.
2. Baku is the largest city in Azerbaijan – it is inhabited by over 25% of the country’s population and the population density is 1035 people / km2. Baku is 4x bigger than Warsaw and has 1.3x more inhabitants than our capital.
3. Baku is the lowest capital city in the world (28 m above sea level).
4. The capital of Azerbaijan has the oldest and largest port in the Caspian Sea.
5. The biggest mosque in Baku is the “Taza Pir” mosque – it was built in 1905-1914.
6. The world-famous chess grandmaster Garri Kasparov was born in Baku.
7. There are three metro lines in the capital of Azerbaijan with a total length of 35 km.
8. Polish Gniezno is a twin town of Baku.
9. The events of the novel “Przedwiośnie” by Stefan Żeromski begin in Baku.
10. The first person to extract oil from the seabed in Baku was a Pole – Witold Zglenicki. Later, Alfred Nobel made a fortune on it.
11. On the National Flag Square “Dövlət Bayrağı Meydanı” flutters one of the largest flags in the world, measuring 70 x 35 m. The mast itself is 162 m high and in 2010 it was entered in the Guinness Book of Records.IRG Advance Formula 2021 race at Baku
The drivers were equally excited during the previous race on the street track in Monaco, which can be found at this link: https://youtu.be/D9nxzLoxTac
After a real roulette on the streets of Monte Carlo, Wojciech Klimek took the lead in the general classification to the delight of numerous fans – 129 points. pushing Michał Nizio, who did not start, to second place – 108 points, and the lowest step of the podium is still occupied by Bartosz Różycki – 105 points.
As a team, the Infinity Racing Team strengthens the lead – 213 points, the second Rapid Racing team jumps away – 157 points, and the third place is invariably Scuderia Infinity – 124 points.
Full classifications: https://irg-world.com/standings/39
The participants of the sim racing series of IRG Advance Formula 2021 are slowly getting ready for the Sunday competition, both during ‘free training’ and short checking ‘mini races.
Detailed statistics can be found here:
Hot lap classification: https://irg-world.com/hots/39
Stint classification (10 laps): https://irg-world.com/stints/39
The IRG World league administration encourages all players to train on the league servers (IRG_F2021 # 1, IRG_F2021 # 2) as well as participate in the Saturday test race to check the settings, strategies and the possibility of obtaining a starting license (for new participants).
How will the competition go on the streets of Azerbaijan’s capital – Baku, who will win at the start, who will be lucky, will it rain? You will be able to find out all this next Sunday at 21:00, watching the live coverage on the MotoGamesTV channel, which we invite you to view the race: https://www.youtube.com/user/MotoGamesTV
GP in numbers / Race stats:
Track: Baku City Circuit
Track length: 6003 m
Race Distance: FL + 51 Laps
Number of bends: 20 (12 left, 8 right)
Number of brakes: 8 (3 strong)
Top speed: ~ 360 km / h (braking to T1)
Average speed: ~ 210 km / h
Key turns: T8 (at the castle) and T15-T16 (ending the 2nd sector)
Longest Straight: 2099m
Level difference: 26.8 m
Track width: 7.6 m – 13 m
Distance from PP to T1: ~ 330 m
Number of gear changes: ~ 78 / rev.
Dedicated mixtures: soft / medium / hard
Tire wear: low
Press force: low
Brake wear: high
Engine wear: high
Fuel consumption: ~ 1.96 kg / per lap.
Fuel load effect: ~ 0.32 s / 10 kg (average in the season 0.28 s / 10 kg)
Estimated number of pit stops: 1/2
Drive on pit lane: ~ 22 sec.
Full gas: ~ 50% of the round
Plan weekend / Race Weekend:
Sunday – UTC + 1 time of the schedule (21:00 in Warsaw, Berlin)
20:00 Practice session
21:00 Qualify 1 (15 minutes)
21:15 Qualify 2 (10 minutes)
21:30 Warmup (5-10 minutes)
21:35 (21:40) Official race
23:00 Weekend finish
UTC + 1 time of the schedule
Thanks to the Restream service, the broadcast will also be available on our new channels: IRG Twitch, IRG DLive.
The media partners of the event are: MotoGamesTv, SpeedZonePL, Simracing.pl, Simrace247
We encourage everyone to visit our social networks, e.g. FB, where you can always share a comment and like, which will not take much time, and for us it will be an expression of your support for our activity 🙂