iRacing’s AI content continues to grow for the upcoming 2021 Season 3 build, set for release on Wednesday.
Multiple cars and nearly 30 track layouts will be making their debut with our virtual racers, giving you more chances to get behind the wheel however and whenever you want!
Here’s a look at some of the new content you can expect to be unlocked, and additional features:
- Porsche 911 GT3 R: iRacing’s newest GT3 joins the fleet of seven machines already enabled for AI use with the upcoming build. The Porsche 911 GT3 R joins the 911 GT3 Cup and 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport as the legendary brand’s third car on the current AI roster, and is the eighth GT3 unlocked for use.
- Rookie Oval Content: Are you a new user who needs some help getting up to speed and doesn’t want to risk ruining anyone else’s race? Not only does the Street Stock make its iRacing AI debut, we’ve also got a number of free paved oval tracks—Langley Speedway, Lanier National Speedway, South Boston Speedway, Southern National Motorsports Park, and Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park—for you to practice on with it.
- Lucas Oil Raceway: In addition to the above free content, Lucas Oil Raceway also joins the iRacing AI oval list. The longtime host of everything from the Carb Night Classic for the Road to Indy, to sprint cars and midgets, the Indianapolis-based facility truly hosts the biggest events on the schedule for some of American motorsport’s best grassroots racing series.
- Rookie Road Course Layouts: Don’t worry, Rookie level road racers—we haven’t left you out! All layouts of England’s Oulton Park and Japan’s Tsukuba Circuit are now unlocked for AI use. We’ve also added a majority of layouts at Oran Park Raceway and Summit Point Raceway, the Chicanes and West Bend Chicane layouts at Lime Rock Park, and the Short layout at Okayama International Circuit.
- Additional Car and Track AI Driver Training: The NASCAR Cup Series, GT3 and GT4, SCCA Spec Racer Ford, and Skip Barber Formula 2000, as well as Lime Rock Grand Prix, Long Beach, and all Okayama layouts will see improvements to AI driver skills. AI drivers have also received a number of quarterly updates to various on-track techniques across the board.
As for Season 2 Week 13 which begins on Tuesday the schedule of races will be:
It’s almost time for Week 13! We’ve got a brand new list of both official and fun series competing as we get ready to deploy the 2021 Season 3 build.
Get a hold of our newest cars and tracks in both official and fun series, highlighted by the free-to-all Formula Vee as the highlight of the Shiny New Shakedown and the brand new Chicago Street Course in a bevy of different disciplines. The full list of series running this Week 13 is as follows:
13th Week Street Stock Challenge
NASCAR iRacing Class C Series – Fixed
NASCAR iRacing Class C Series
NASCAR iRacing Class B Series
13th Week Mazda Cup
13th Week Ferrari GT3 Challenge
13th Week Porsche Cup Series
13th Week Dirt Street Stock Challenge
13th Week DIRTcar UMP Modified Fixed
13th Week iRacing Rallycross Series
13th Week iRacing Rallycross Lite
13th Week Tube Frame Twister – ARCA
13th Week Battle of the Little Wings – Formula Vee, Skip Barber, USF2000, Formula Renault 2.0
13th Week Ridiculousness – Porsche LMP1, GTE, GT3, GT3 Cup, and GT4
13th Week Mudskipping – Skip Barber on Dirt Ovals
New Content and Features Series
13th Week Shiny New Shakedown – Formula Vee
13th Week iRacing SRF Challenge – Spec Racer Ford
13th Week Silly Send It – 1987 and Next-Gen Cup Series Cars
13th Week GT3 Challenge – Fixed
13th Week Music City Mayhem – Super Late Model
Looking for top class iRacing Leagues to join? visit our League Partners: