Traction in motorsport and sim racing is the same theoretical thing. Understanding it is one of the key factors in racing.
Traction to some in sim racing is just ” it grips, its good”. Whilst that to a degree is true, many key factors come into play to allow the vehicle to perform at its peak.
Many vehicles have terrible traction until all the stars align and its true meaning comes into effect. You see, take a Formula 1 car, at low speeds it is awful, the car is driving like it is on ice.
Turn it up to 11 where the car is in it’s prime and everything comes alive, rally cars are also a great example of this. They skate and glide over the surfaces.
Traction is everything, but how do you use it properly to great effect, how do you understand your vehicle to get the most out of it? Thankfully great people in the sim racing community are here to help.
In this video by Track Titan we see an in depth analysis of what traction is and how to maximise its effect for racing.
Traction is that margin that can make the difference
About Assetto Corsa
Modding & Customization
Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customization and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional sim racers. Gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to reproduce and share their cars and tracks. Taking advantage of the same editing tools developed and used by the developers of the game.
Gameplay & Features
- Assetto Corsa includes a career mode, a list of special and unique events and challenges, as well as fully customizable
- Single player and multiplayer modes featuring quick races
- Custom championships, race weekends including free practice session, qualifying session and race.
- Drag races, drift challenges and much more!
- Four driving assist profiles (gamer, racer, pro, plus a fully-customizable profile) allow any kind of player to enjoy the simulation at their desired level.
- Advanced setup options and telemetry for data analysis; dynamic simulation of the tyre rubber deposited on track, depending on the car laps;
- An adjustable time of the day mode, featuring sun position calculated in realtime, depending by geographical coordinates of the track and by the sun curve according to time and date, in order to get the same light conditions of the real tracks!
To join some great leagues visit our league partners: League Partners Archives – SimRace247