With the latest release version of Zandvoort in rFactor 2, racers can get a taste of what is in store for the new version in 2021.
Studio 397 has been taking the big leap forward with rFactor 2, since the takeover by Motorsport games, the community has been anxious to see what’s in store, introducing Zandvoort 2021.
Zandvoort has a great history of racing and studio 397 has completely rebuilt the existing version in rFactor 2. Not that it was bad, but a re- visit was in need. Check it out today and see if the new build was worth it.
- Complete update and rebuild of Zandvoort to track state in July 2021, including curb colours and reported DRS zones at the time.
- Any adjustments since July 2021 will be addressed in a post release update.
- Major rework of terrain to conform to point cloud data.
- All major assets rebuilt from scratch including Pit Building, Grandstands and more.
- Barriers remodelled and updated to the latest state.
- Added various grandstands and props to simulate a reasonably large event.
- All new foliage objects and materials.
- All latest new PBR materials.
- Added new spectators, marshals, rescue vehicles, generic vehicles, tents and more.
- New Night lighting Configurations including lit up Grandstand, Pit Building and Town Centre.
- Added 2021 National Layout.
- New Camera Files.
- New AI Files.
- Packed extra files for upcoming loading optimizations.
Grab the latest edition of Zandvoort in rFactor 2 Steam Workshop::Zandvoort (steamcommunity.com)
To purchase rFactor 2 visit: Studio-397 – Racing Simulation
About rFACTOR 2
rFactor 2 is a realistic, easily extendable racing simulation from Studio 397. It offers the latest in vehicle and race customization, great graphics, outstanding multiplayer and the height of racing realism. rFactor 2 features mixed class road racing with ultra realistic dynamics, an immersive sound environment and stunning graphics, perfect for top-level esports and a rich single-player experience.
Race against a field of AI cars, or in multi-player mode against others. rFactor 2 supports a full day-night cycle as well as dynamically varying weather conditions such as rain which dynamically builds into puddles. Tracks feature “real-road” technology that changes the grip as more cars drive on it. You can run full 24 hour endurance events and in multi-player mode, driver swaps are also supported. Everything can be customized by the community, including adding new tracks and cars, and a wealth of add-ons are available on-line.Working with several partners, rFactor 2 has been used in hundreds of esport championships all over the world – in particular McLaren’s World’s Fastest Gamer and Formula E.
rFactor 2 is also an evolving product, which will be updated and added to for many years, so the list of features will expand!
Looking for top class leagues to join? visit our League Partners: League Partners Archives – SimRace247