Check out the new season 4 AI hosted feature coming to iRacing in 2021. A feature that many have been waiting for over a period of time.
Multiple iRacers from all over the world can trade paint with AI drivers for the first time as AI Hosted events come to iRacing with the 2021 Season 4 build!
Using any of our AI-enabled content, you’ll be able to create race sessions that fill up the field with virtual drivers to compete alongside real iRacers. This functionality works with both regular Hosted sessions and with Leagues.
Here’s how it works
- Create an AI Hosted session the same way you would create any other Hosted session. We recommend that the iRacer with the best connection serve as the host. Only AI-enabled tracks will be eligible for AI Hosted sessions.
- iRacers register for, and join, the AI hosted session. While the AI drivers will only be able to compete in AI-enabled cars, the host may create a session that allows other iRacers to run in cars that aren’t AI-enabled.
- The AI roster in the session will be linked to the iRacer who creates the AI Hosted session. This roster may be generated on the spot, or selected from rosters that you’ve already built. When the host joins the server, the AI cars join; if the host leaves the server, the AI cars leave. If the host returns, the AI cars return as well.
- When the host joins the server, the AI roster they bring will fill as many open grid spots as possible. As with real iRacers, these grid spots are not released once they’re claimed by the AI cars, even if the host leaves the session.
- If the host is bringing a large AI roster, they may still register immediately, but hold off on hitting the button to actually join the session—we recommend that the host join last so that no real users are locked out!
- If the AI roster is not big enough to fill all remaining open grid spots, new iRacers will still be able to join.
Drive officially licensed car replicas engineered from the ground up in cooperation with real-world race teams, applying accurate mechanical and dynamic models.
Go head to head with real drivers all over the world thanks to our skill-based matchmaking and license progression system ensuring competitive racing at all levels.
Race on your own or with a team featuring driver swaps in addition to crew chief and spotter positions!
Whether you want to experience a NASCAR Cup car, a World of Outlaws Sprint car, an open-wheel IndyCar, an Australian Supercar, an IMSA Prototype or Touring Car, or the ultimate: an FIA Grand Prix car, iRacing’s online racing simulations offer them all.
All you need is a computer equipped with one or more USB ports, and a digital wheel/pedal, or gamepad backed by a high-speed Internet connection.
iRacing does the work for you by organizing and managing more than 80 official racing series, or you can choose to race in more than 400 private leagues or launch your own hosted events.